If your business is marine-related, we can cover it!

The marine sector is extremely varied, and we can provide cover for just about any business involved within it.

The Allied Marine insurance packages are designed to reflect the diversity of the marine sector and the businesses working within it.

The marine trades industry is extremely diverse, and our marine insurance schemes are designed to cover all types of marine businesses.

Just some examples of marine businesses that we can provide insurance for include, marinas and boatyards, harbours, shipwrights, boat repairers, leisure and sailing clubs, boat agents, boat brokers and many more.

Typical covers include property damage, cover for vessels and workboats, construction risks and more. Standard Allied Marine insurance schemes all include public and products liability and employer’s liability.

With Allied Marine we have access to a range of trusted insurers and many exclusive facilities, which allows us to tailor the insurance cover we provide.

A Typical Package

A typical Marine insurance package will include the following covers:

Money covers insurance protects you against theft of money at your business premises, at home, or in transit

Marine hull Insurance covers the loss to hull, the structure of the ship and machinery.

Cover for property damage includes buildings, contents, stock, and marine installations such as piers, jetties, walkways etc.

All risks cover provides cover for boat brokers and for the sale of all types of vessels. This includes cover for testing by potential purchasers.

We provide cover for specialist lifting equipment and machinery and we also provide cover for engineering risks and damage caused by the equipment when in use.

Cover for business interruption incorporates flexible cover for the loss of profits or increased costs of working.

Public and products liability cover provides your business with cover for damage to third party property or injury to third parties.

Employers liability cover is your legal liability for injury to employees sustained during their employment.

Goods in transit includes cover for loss or damage to equipment, stock etc whilst in transit.

Frequently Asked Questions

We have tried to answer some of the most common questions we get asked below.

My property has flooded in the past. Does this mean that I won’t be able to get the Marine Insurance package that I need to protect my business?No. The Allied Marine Insurance package can provide cover for property, even with a prior history of flooding.

If I have a fire can I continue, or will my business be put out of operation? Can I be insured against this?Yes. Business interruption insurance is designed to keep your business going after any such loss. The insurance will cover wages and overheads until your business is operating again.

If I go to exhibitions with valuable equipment am I covered?Yes. All risks insurance cover, for a specified amount will cover you for exhibitions anywhere in the UK or worldwide whilst at these events.

I am selling a boat and upon demonstration the customer damages it whilst on loan. Am I covered?Our policies will cover you for the damage to a boat in circumstances such as these. Get in touch with Allied today to find out how.

‘What people are saying’

Request a Callback

If you would like us to give you call please provide us with the information requested below.
We endeavour to reply to all queries within one working day.

    Read our full Privacy Policy