Landscape Gardeners

If you are a large landscaping business with several departments, or if you are a one-man band, there will be low-risk and high-risk aspects to what you do.

It is essential that you have the right insurance cover in place.

The Allied team have many years’ experience and understanding of landscaping businesses and we can tailor insurance packages to meet all your specific business requirements.

We work with a range of landscaping businesses, including landscape gardeners and architects, sports ground maintenance, pond installers, groundworkers, drainage installers, paving and fencing contractors, hedge cutters, turf management specialists, hard and soft landscapers and more.

We know the questions to ask and our experience enables us to create the right insurance for your business, so that if the worst happens you are covered.

A Typical Package

A typical Landscape Gardeners insurance package will include the following covers:

Employers’ liability insurance, is a legal obligation to all businesses with any number of staff members, including unpaid staff, contractors, casual workers, or temporary staff.

Employers’ liability insurance, will protect you and your employees, should they become injured while working for you. It will also cover you from potential claims from employees who have been injured or who have become seriously ill as a direct result of working for you.

Public and products liability cover protects you, your products and your business against personal injury or loss of your client’s property while you work.

If you own plant and equipment and it is damaged, stolen, or is at risk from fire or any other losses, whether on your own premises or in transit, ‘Own Plant and Equipment Insurance’ will provide essential cover against these potential risks.

If you’re hiring in an item of plant or equipment you will need ‘Hired in Plant and Equipment Insurance’. Many hirers won’t hire to you unless you have proof of this cover. However, if you only hire plant and equipment occasionally, the Allied team can discuss short-term measures for the smaller periods of time when your cover is needed.

Landscapers or gardeners who provide advice or offer services to other businesses need professional indemnity insurance. This insurance will cover you if you were to give advice that causes financial loss to a client.

Contract works insurance, will cover you against an insurable event like fire, flood, vandalism, or a storm, that will prevent you from fulfilling a contract.

Goods in transit covers loss of or damage to stock whilst in transit, or whilst being loaded and unloaded.

Legal expenses insurance is available in many forms and is designed to help protect businesses, employees, families, and landlords. If you or your business could face legal disputes including employment and contract disputes, tax investigations, or you need a legal defence, you should consider legal expenses insurance to protect you against potentially significant costs arising from a variety of legal disputes.

Contract works insurance covers work that is underway on a site. It can pay to repair or redo the work that’s in progress if it’s damaged by an insured event like fire, flood, storm, vandalism, or theft

Tools insurance covers your tools and equipment against accidental damage or loss due to theft. It also covers any tools that you have hired in to complete a project.

Frequently Asked Questions

We have tried to answer some of the most common questions we get asked below.

Am I covered for tree felling and lopping?Usually policies will provide cover for some elements of tree felling, that forms part of an overall contract. If tree felling forms the major part of your business, then a more specific policy should be put in place to cater for increased risk.

I sometimes give advice to other contractors, regarding contracts that they undertake, Is this a problem?Yes, you are potentially exposed to financial risk as a result of negligent advice. In this case professional indemnity insurance should be looked at to fully protect your business.

We have a lot of equipment on various sites throughout the UK. How do I cover this?Whether this is your own or hired in plant, it can be accommodated for under a package policy, anywhere within the UK.

Is it important that training is provided for use of equipment?Yes. It’s a legal requirement that training is provided for use of equipment such as chainsaws etc. Should you fail to provide training, then undoubtedly negligence will lay with you in the event of a claim and you may face disciplinary proceedings from the HSC.

‘What people are saying’

Request a Callback

If you would like us to give you call please provide us with the information requested below.
We endeavour to reply to all queries within one working day.

    Read our full Privacy Policy