Home (High value/other)

The purchase of your home may well be the biggest single investment that you make and consequently it is essential that your home is protected against all relevant risks.

It is essential that your home insurance policy is comprehensive and that your home is insured correctly. You may need contents insurance or buildings insurance or a combination of the two.

In the event of a claim, you need to ensure that your home is covered against all potential risks and that all the details are correct so that your claim will pay out.

A Typical Package

A typical Home insurance package will include the following covers:

Buildings insurance cover will include, all risks cover including subsidence, replacement locks if keys are stolen, cover for burst pipes, cover for permanent fittings in the home and alternative accommodation in the event of a claim that prevents you from living at home.

Contents insurance cover includes, accidental damage cover for all contents, contents in the garden, all risks cover for items taken away from the home and deterioration of frozen food.

All risks cover covers certain items for loss, damage, or theft, when they are outside of your premises.

Legal expenses insurance is available in many forms and is designed to help protect families, if you face legal disputes including contract disputes, tax investigations, or if you need a legal defence, you should consider legal expenses insurance. The right legal expenses insurance will protect you against potentially significant costs arising from a variety of legal disputes.

Landscape gardens, freezer contents, sports equipment, jewellery and valuables and fine art and antiques.

Frequently Asked Questions

We have tried to answer some of the most common questions we get asked below.

What is buildings insurance, and do I need it?Buildings insurance covers your home in terms of the structure and the permanent fixtures and fittings such as fitted kitchens and bathrooms.

If you have a mortgage you will need buildings insurance as one of the mortgage conditions and if you own your home outright, it is advisable to have buildings insurance to adequately protect your property.

If you are a tenant in a rented property it is the norm for the landlord to have adequate buildings insurance as the property owner.

What is contents insurance?Contents insurance covers your personal possessions against accidents such as fire and flood, and for theft, and loss.

Is it more cost effective to purchase a joint buildings and contents insurance policy?Yes, it can be. This will depend on your situation and what you require from your home insurance. Speak to a member of the Allied Insurance Services team if you are unsure. If you do require both buildings and contents insurance, it is most likely that a joint policy will be the most cost-effective and convenient option.

Do I need business insurance if I work from home?If you work from home in any capacity, it is essential that you inform your Allied Insurance Services account executive. It may be that you won’t need additional cover, but if you don’t inform the insurer, a future claim could be invalidated. To discuss the work that you carry out from home in more detail, get in touch and we can advise you on the right insurance policy for you.

‘What people are saying’

Request a Callback

If you would like us to give you call please provide us with the information requested below.
We endeavour to reply to all queries within one working day.

    Read our full Privacy Policy